Germany: 20 reader favorites for the trip is written by The editorial staff, RejsRejsRejs.
Germany - our great holiday perfect neighbor
Just like we have to go out and rediscover Denmark this year, there are also many who have plans to rediscover Germany. However, it should preferably not be in the big cities like Berlin, Potsdam og Hamburg, but fortunately there are many other possibilities.
We have therefore collected a number of tips for obvious places to visit from our travel community on Facebook, so you can get inspiration for your summer vacation in Germany. Whether you want to go to northern or southern Germany.
You can get more details about the places and what suits, for example, a family holiday with teenagers or a romantic stay with a spa inside the travel group.
10 favorites in northern Germany
- Heidelberg - lively city with Germany's oldest university and a US military base
- Göttingen - old university town with a young atmosphere
- Goslar - has a UNESCO World Heritage Site in their old town and the former Rammelsberg mountain range
- Wernigerode - cozy town with lively square and nice town hall
- Rügen - Germany's largest island and perfect for a beach holiday
- Penemünde - from here the world's first rocket was launched and has a historical-technical museum
- Soltau - child friendly and close to the amusement park Heide Park
- Lübeck - the medieval part of the city is on the UNSECO World Heritage List
- Cologne - lively city with youth life and local beer
- Fulda - beautiful architecture that can be seen the many churches and the castle
10 favorites in Southern Germany
- Erding - houses the brewery of the famous beer Erdinger
- Ismaning - former agricultural municipality with a river through
- Ingolstadt - full of traditions and modern city atmosphere
- Escherndorf - cozy town with river and vineyards
- Ulm - nice town with a river through and nice old houses
- Trier - known for the Gallic part of the Roman Empire and has well-preserved Roman buildings
- Speyer - Located on the Rhine River and has a UNESCO World Heritage Site Cathedral
- Freiburg - Germany's southernmost city with a lot of sunshine
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber - beautiful medieval town
- Koblenz - beautiful and cozy city with wine and sights
Stay tuned inside ours travel community on Facebook, to get even more reader favorites and inspiration for your summer vacation.
This post contains links to some of our partners. If you want to see how it goes with collaborations, then you can tap here.